Lead Administration Officer
Based at our Chelmunds Cross Office (Smiths Wood), you will provide an essential service to the Looked After Children and Adoption Service (LACAS). No two days will be the same in this fast paced, challenging but rewarding role, whilst you manage the admin teams across the service, as well as working closely with the Head of Service to write and implement procedures and oversee data management.
We are looking for someone with the enthusiasm and experience to ensure the Service is fully supported, enabling the LACAS team to provide an effective service to Solihull’s children.
You will need:
• A relevant NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent eg: A or A/S Levels, National Diploma etc)
• Experience of managing a team
• The ability to implement new ways of working when necessary and working with current, sometimes complex, procedures.
• Strong numeracy skills involving the ability to maintain accurate and detailed financial records, manipulate, forecast and review financial data.
• Great communication skills both written and verbal and able to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
In return, we offer:
• Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
• The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme - a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
Interviews will be held on Monday 14th August 2017.
The role is available either as a secondment for internal applicants, or as a fixed term contract for external applicants.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.