Resource Manager - IT
The Resource Manager provides effective resource management that optimises the utilisation and productivity of the workforce, deploying and redeploying resources as required delivering targeted levels of customer service and ensuring that work is completed to required timescales and quality. Works closely with the CSS organisation teams to ensure operational activities reflect the agreed business plan and forecast.
Also that we understand the skills and capabilities, encompassing professionals within Architecture, PPM and Service Delivery teams across Corporate Shared Services. Working closely with Customer Delivery Directors, Commercial Trading & Pricing and other stakeholders in the wider organisation.
STRUCTURE AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
- Reports into Head of Resource Management
- Maintain a pro-active relationship with respective CDDs, Portfolio Managers and Practice Managers whilst supporting the business strategy and operational functions
- Operate a suitably robust and lean resource management process (resource requests from CSS, CDDs, MVs through resource forecasting, to billing)
- Understand the short to medium term demand pipeline across all planning horizons and translate into future capability requirements for CSS. Understand the key competencies required to deliver CSS’ core services. To also understand future strategic customer demand and industry trends from a skills perspective.
- Work with Line managers to understand capability development both of functions as a whole and of individuals.
- Operate a planning framework working with the Business Units to ensure effective planning and visibility of fixed and variable workloads. The production of timely and accurate MI reports to support optimal resource placement to key stakeholders (Practice Heads, CDDs)
- Interface with the CSS Architecture, PPM and Service Delivery capabilities to ensure they are appropriately resourced (skills and capabilities) to meet the demand for resource aligning to our right skill, right place, right time principles
- Actively support and promote service excellence, constantly seeking ways to improve the service to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction. This will be measured through the response of Customer Satisfaction surveys with a score of 4 plus
- Ensure risks and issues relating to Resource Management are recorded and escalated appropriately to Line Manager
- Look to source resources via the most cost effective mechanism to facilitate a continued improvement of the unit cost of delivery measured against industry benchmarks
- Pro-actively support resource balancing within the Capability Pools, Market Verticals and CDD Quadrants to ensure a profile that offers flexibility in meeting demand, whilst aligning to the CSS day rate
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to underpin decision making at an executive level. This will be done by providing a standard reporting template for upward reporting to Line Manager
- Utilisation - recognising over and underutilisation in supporting up-skill, re-skill and recruitment requirements
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ideally holds a Degree level in a related field of study or equivalent experience
- A Resource Management professional, with relevant industry standard qualification
- Pro-active, able to drive initiatives forward to a successful conclusion
- Data Analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to interpret customer requirements, translating skills and capability against demand profiles
- People person, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Flexible, with the ability to manage peaks and trough by making informed decisions on how best to manage workloads
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.