Production Support Technician
Mechanically biased, technically-minded and energetic individual required for Production Support Technician role at a large and reputable manufacturer, offering competitive salary and training provision. You will be joining a diverse Production and Engineering Team, and will be involved in tool setting and eventually tool repairs.
Supporting production in a busy environment producing high volume components. Setting of tools and carrying out machine changeovers. Repairing and adjusting material handling and packaging equipment.
- Working closely with the Shift Leader and tool setter, you will support all aspects of running the production facility.
- Raw material changes and general press operation tasks (once ROSPA trained) ensuring that down time is kept to a minimum
- Ensure that all process documentation is correct and legible
- Supporting other process operatives with day to day tasks
- Ensure process waste is kept to a minimum and stored in a hygienic manner
- Assisting with the preparation of, and the implementation of tool changes
- Assisting operators with any quality issues that may arise
- Identify improvement ideas and work alongside the shift leader to implement and report any faults or concerns with the equipment
- ONC or NVQ or C&G in Mechanical engineering or Mechanical Maintenance
- Formal apprenticeship is advantageous
- Enthusiastic and energetic approach to work
- Qualified mechanical maintenance technician