Quality Inspector - Dimensional Inspector - CMM - Dudley
A role has opened for an experienced Dimensional / Quality Inspector for a global market leader in the supply of formed sheet metal fabrications and machined component. You will perform dimensional inspection activities and have experience with CMM'S. The company also supply to the Aerospace industry so knowledge of this industry is desirable.
Package available for Dimension/ Quality Inspector
Salary - circa £23,000 Depending on experience - will pay more for the right candidate
5 Weeks holiday
Free on site parking.
The responsibilities of the Dimension/ Quality Inspector include:
- Dimensional and visual Inspection of all stages of manufacture utilising the appropriate inspection and measuring equipment
- Producing accurate reports and maintaining the reporting database
- Working closely with Customer's representatives/Inspection agencies during release inspection activities
- Adhere to all Company H&S Systems of work and Procedures. Ensure Health & Safety of work areas is managed appropriately.
- Report non-conforming parts/dimensions via the NCR process
- Carry out root cause analysis
- Attend Quality/Quality Hot Spot Meetings to review non-conformances
- Assist with training/mentoring of apprentices
- Liaising with machine shop personnel to relocate/reposition items for inspection as necessary
The requirements of the Dimensional/ Quality Inspector include:
- Ability to read engineering drawings, produce accurate reports and have significant experience in the field of Inspection or Machining
- Must show/demonstrate a good understanding of CMM
- IT Skills to include experience of Word, Excel and Access
- Aerospace manufacturing background desirable