Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain all plant by effective planned, preventive and condition based maintenance systems.
- Respond to all breakdown situations in a timely manner providing effective fault finding and repair, and contributing to high standard Root Cause Analysis to prevent repeat failures.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are completed in a safe manner for the protection of oneself and others.
- Contribute well thought out Engineering solutions for optimization of equipment, procedures, and departmental budgets to achieve better maintainability, reliability, and availability of equipment.
- Adhere to all processes and sub-processes with relation to Health & Safety, Maintenance systems and Purchasing.
- Actively support the Shift Maintenance Engineer in the completion of his duties.
- Undertake any other duties at the request of your line manager.
- Ensure correct PPE is worn always relevant to the task being carried out or the area working in.
- To actively support the formal Integrated Management System by ensuring all defined policies, processes, procedures and work instructions are accurately applied.
- To be fully aware of the company policies and procedures, and work within the guidelines as stated.
The main role will be to work within the Maintenance Team and assist the Senior Maintenance Engineer in his duties. The successful applicant must possess the following essential and desirable skills:
Essential: 5 years' minimum experience post apprenticeship in maintenance engineering within a fast pace manufacturing environment; multi skilled with strong electrical bias (ideally 70/30) and relevant electrical qualifications to a minimum of City & Guilds/ NVQ level 3; possess minimum 4 GCSE's to grade 'C' or equivalent (including English & Math's).
Desirable: Good PLC knowledge ideally Siemens S7 and/or Omron; a good knowledge of Microsoft excel, word and outlook.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75170046