Process Commissioning Engineer
Position: Process Commissioning Engineer
Rate: £380.00 - £450.00 per day (Negotiable)
Duration: 12 Months +
The client is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
They are looking to strengthen their Commissioning team with a Process Commissioning Engineer for their CHP/Sludge Digestion project at Minworth STW. You will deliver commissioning planning activities, from early project stages to completion. You will also support other commissioning engineers in planning for process start-up and testing along with providing site process commissioning, including record keeping and writing takeover (Commissioning completion) reports. You will report directly to the Commissioning Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
- Work with Project Managers/Commissioning Manager and project teams to investigate, plan for and document commissioning intentions for projects at early design phase.
- Develop commissioning plans through the detailed design and installation phase, attend HAZOPS, HAZCOMMs and other risk reduction meetings, arrange and manage sampling activities to be carried out during testing.
- Carry out process commissioning on site, including managing sampling activities, liaising with STW process support and to have analysis carried out or conduct analysis internally, managing process start up and ensure optimum operation of the plant during performance trials.
- Write and submit Commissioning Completion reports indicating the performance levels achieved and successful pass of the process criteria.
- Engage with STW SD staff to obtain buy-in to proposed commissioning plan
- Ensure the effective integration of assets into the existing works without detriment and risk to service level agreements.
- Assist in achieving effective handovers with SD and STW Asset creation.
- Facilitate feedback of improvement information from commissioning.
- Take part in off-site testing and pre-commissioning activities by suppliers or others where required.
- Ensure Commissioning is carried out safely in accordance with regulations and procedures.
- Ensure all necessary Commissioning documentation is produced in a timely manner and co-operate with Technical Documentation teams to ensure timely delivery of O&M manuals.
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant degree or HND (scientific, chemical or process engineering preferred) or other suitable qualification
- Site experience in process commissioning, preferably in water industry, digestion/CHP or Power Generation
- Strong process commissioning experience both site based and in planning activities
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Boiler Operations Accreditation Scheme (BOAS)
Keywords: Process Commissioning Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Water, Sewage, BOAS, CHP, Sludge Digestion, Incineration, Power Generation, Combined Heat Power, Power Plant