Proactive Personnel are currently recruiting for a CAD Technician in West Midlands area. This is a great opportunity to work for a division of a multinational 500 million pound turnover organisation. The company is forward thinking and always keen to see their staff progress, they offer support/training for this to happen. The added benefits will include a pension scheme and work placed profit bonus scheme.
Role and Responsibilities
- Using 3D Modeling software
- Calculating the pressures stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather.
- Making drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors.
- Investigating structural engineer’s reports and liaising with consulting engineers to establish best approach to project design and construction.
- Liaising with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound.
- understand different materials and production methods, have technical, practical and scientific knowledge and ability
- be able to use drawings, 3D models and computer designs to express creative ideas
- be able to produce clear, concise written reports
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Autodesk Inventor 2013 Professional
- AutoCAD 2013
- Microsoft Office software
- Structural Steelwork Design
- Commercial Construction
- Project Management
If you feel you have the correct credentials for this role please contact Proactive Personnel.