Further to a recent takeover, this leading provider of welding consumables and specialist CNC plasma tables seek a strong General Manager to drive the business forward in the Steel Fabrication market place.
This role represents a real challenge for the right individual as the company is going through some challenges in its structure. The company sells a diverse product mix and has great market potential, but the current sales strategy and sales implementation is the priority and requires a complete overhaul.
The role of the General Manager
The company sell a range of specialist CNC plasma cutting tables and MIG/TIG welders and welding consumables. Products include welding wire abrasive brushes and scouring equipment and the target market is all metal fabricators.
Leading by example, you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the business. This will include:
- Overseeing the CNC production line & Procurement team and working with financial director on stock levels
- Organisation of daily, weekly and monthly management meetings
- Managing the 3 internal sales people and the 3 field sales people.
- Creating KPI's and ensuring they are achieved across the business.
- Helping to direct sales effort - focussing on the right clients.
- Generating new sales as well as increasing sales in existing clients.
- Working with the owners to an effective sales strategy.
- Ensuring new sales processes are adhered to at all times.
The experience required for the General Manager:
We need someone who has experience of the following:
- Sales Management experience - with an ability to lead by example
- An understanding of engineering/technical products
- Strong process management
- Ideally experienced in turning a business around
- Ability to motivate and manage a sales force
- Able to sell effectively to metal fabricators
The Salary for the role:
20 days + stats holiday
The role is based in Herefordshire
If this opportunity is something you would relish, and you have the Sales Management experience within a Engineering or Technical field then I want to hear from you. Please send your CV to the link below.
Coburg Banks Sales specialise in recruiting Sales Directors, Business Development Manager's, Sales Manager's, Sales Executive's and Internal Sales Consultants across multiple industries throughout the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within Sales please refer them to us.