Product Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
Product Manager Automotive Aftermarket
We require a Product Manager (Engine Management or Auto Electrical or Vehicle Emission) to join the sales / marketing team with a leading parts supplier. The role will suit an experienced individual with a background in the automotive aftermarket, either as a Brand Manager, Product Manager or Brand Developer with good mechanical knowledge.
The role would suit a Product Manager who has had experience as a Vehicle Technician or has a high level of technical knowledge.
Basic £30-35k Car / Car allowance + Benefits
Location: Birmingham, Coventry, Worcester, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Evesham, Banbury
Our client is a leading supplier of automotive parts and components to independent / national / multi-national distributors throughout the UK and to the Automotive Aftermarket.
A bright and enthusiastic individual with a knowledge and passion for marketing and the automotive industry would be the ideal candidate. You will be expected to attend trade shows, exhibitions, customers and training evenings. You will also ensure you are aware of competitor activities and record and report back accordingly.
The following are key attributes:
- Excellent Presentation and PC skills.
- Marketing and Product Management / Brand Development experience.
- The ability to work closely with all company departments, building sustainable relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Sound judgement with regards to commercial decisions.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Good negotiation abilities.
- Automotive Aftermarket experience preferable.
- Recommend and develop your product ranges to the company’s accepted margin, product brands and strategies.
- Work closely with other departments covering part number creation, brand selection, market pricing taking into account profit margin requirements, cross referencing, catalogue linking, assisting with identification of components and dealing with queries.
- Assist in maximising the gross margin by working in conjunction with the purchasing department to resolve any pricing issues and improve the company’s overall purchasing terms whilst maintaining the quality brand / product level to meet the company’s strategy.
- Assist with enquiries from purchasing and sales departments to any product related issues including pricing, warranty, technical issues, identification, cross references etc.
- Assist with the stock management and stock cleanse activity in conjunction with the purchasing department to meet the company’s requirements.
- Good marketing and inventory management knowledge.
The Way Forward
Should you wish to be considered for the Product Manager role, please apply via forwarding your CV in the first instance to Julian Curtis, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Job Ref 2615 JC
Glen Callum Associates Ltd are leaders in providing recruitment solutions to the automotive, industrial and allied markets covering placements within senior management, sales, marketing and operational disciplines.