Commercial Mortgage Underwriter
Our Mortgages division are seeking an experienced Commercial Mortgage Underwriter. If you have proven experience at an advanced level, and sound knowledge of buy-to-let lending, then we want to hear from you.
Purpose of the role
To assess, analyse, underwrite and process complex buy-to-let mortgage applications from receipt of application through to offer of loan, ensuring the integrity and quality of new business, maintaining service levels whilst ensuring the company’s credit policy and procedures are adhered to.
Duties and responsibilities
- Obtaining the information required to complete an underwriting proposal, which will include dealing with financial advisers and prospective or existing customers
- Make valid commercial judgements in relation to risks arising from a new business proposal
- Complete objective, sound and balanced written underwriting proposals covering the risk aspects of a transaction in accordance with Paragon Mortgages processes and practice
- Presenting underwriting proposals to colleagues and the Paragon credit committee
- As applicable, approving proposals under their own authority
- Accurately communicating approval conditions to colleagues
- Undertaking face-to-face interviews with customers, both new and established, both on-site or off-site as necessary and appropriate
- Maintaining and collating relevant statistical and reporting data
- Sound knowledge of buy-to-let lending
- Knowledge of Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering, Consumer Credit Act, Prudential Regulatory Authority initiatives, Companies Acts and related legislation
- Understanding of the concept of Credit Risk
- Proven ability to interpret financial statements to produce a clear written analysis
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills, self-motivated and able to prioritise workload
- Understanding of Lending Operations, Customer Services, and Collections functions
- Sound knowledge of underwriting and due diligence principles
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
You must be CeMAP qualified and have proven commercial mortgage underwriting experience. This should be at an advanced level, preferably including buy-to-let lending, having held a senior personal lending mandate. Experience of lending proposal structuring and documentation including strengthening proposals by taking additional security if appropriate, and experience of discussing accounting information, cash flow forecasts and business plans on a face-to-face basis with customers to obtain additional information also required.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm (one hour for lunch).
Relevant training will be provided. This vacancy is being managed by Jonathan Baker at Hays Birmingham. For more information please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/paragon. Any direct or 3rd party applications will be sent to Hays.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75178321