Group IT - Test Analyst (Birmingham)
SSP is a world-wide retail catering company with operations in 29 countries and employing over 30,000 people. We operate well known branded restaurants, bars, cafés, food courts and convenience stores in airports, train stations, motorway service stations, retail parks and other leisure locations across the globe. Our Shared Service Centre (SSC) is located in Birmingham Great Park, where we have our shared service IT, finance and HR departments. We also have an IT support office in Manchester.
Working within the SSP Group IT Development team to support the business requirements for the provision of BI systems change (Full Microsoft BI Stack) and end to end reporting and analytics testing services. To support Business-related test activity, in terms of communications to and from the business test representatives and ensuring through the Development Manager, Project Manager and/or Lead Test Analyst (depending on project) that key test issues are managed or escalated as necessary.
Duties to include:
- To undertake all system test related activities in support of the business requirements for the provision of new and updated BI systems.
- To undertake functional and integration testing, and liaison with other business systems owners to ensure appropriate end to end test coverage.
- To undertake Quality Assurance checks to ensure that only 'fit-for-purpose' BI and reporting tools are delivered into test environments owned by the test team.
- To ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders.
- To create test scripts, monitor test execution and ensure results are recorded.
- To co-ordinate re-testing of defects and issues
- To prepare and maintain relevant test documentation, including test scripts, written reports, and visual progress charts.
- To support other test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related activities.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills, experience and characteristics:
- Previous proven experience in a testing role, ideally within a full Microsoft BI Stack environment (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDS) across a full project life cycle
- Degree qualified or relevant professional qualification and experience
- Experience of test planning and execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of the business
- A good team ethic
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, commitment and a structured methodical approach to work
- Able to organise and manage own time according to agreed project priorities and deadlines
- Willing to travel to various UK business locations (Birmingham, Manchester, London)
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, including the development process and support
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehousing, Microsoft BI tools and reporting (SSRS, SSAS, MDX) and/or retail business processes and systems (EPOS, Inventory Management, CRM, Labour Management) with experience of using BI tools.
- Experience of system integration testing - planning and execution
- Software testing skills and knowledge of structure software testing methodologies
- Experience using Jira
In return for your skills and committment, we offer competitive salary plus a benefits package including: free parking, great training and learning and development opportunities and a discount scheme involving lots of high street retailers and service providers.
The site is located in the Rubery area of Birmingham Great Park (B45 9PZ) which is approximately 10 miles South West of the city centre near the M5 / A38 junction, so consideration should be given to travel time and your ability to get there on a daily basis.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75165554