Executive Account Director
Purpose / Role:
The Intelligent Buildings department sits within the Corporate Division and is responsible for developing the company’s intelligent buildings offering to its clients, looking for ways in which 'smart building’ technology can achieve maximum efficiency for clients for their utility consumption. This role is directly responsible for developing relationships with a range of key corporate clients by introducing analysis and automation technology to all aspects of their infrastructure.
- Proactively manage and develop a portfolio of corporate clients via building relationships at Executive/Board level, ensuring outstanding customer service is provided at all times.
- Building relationships at senior level internally and externally to the business.
- Maximising revenues via exemplary customer service, developing all aspects of service for each client.
- Generating lead referrals from the existing corporate database and ensuring they are managed to sucessful conclusion.
- Understand the Utilitywise (UTW) business offering and how this can be maximised for current and potential customers.
- Acting as a key team member bringing innovative solutions to an ever changing market.
- Achieving revenue targets in line with the department’s overall aims and objectives.
- Working alongside the Business Development team to develop go to market propositions.
- Ensuring all development and sales activities conform to UTW risk structure and that Value for Money is at the heart of all decision making.
- Responsible for setting up and managing budgets within the department framework.
- Assisting in the development of strategies to maximise the growth of the department and the subsequent implementation of these strategies.
- Being the champion for the company strategy and values with all internal and external stakeholders
Desirable Qualifications / Training:
- Degree educated or similar, preference to business related qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a business relationship manager in a Plc environment.
- Experience of working at board/director level, with the ability to identify and meet customer requirements.
- A demonstrable track record of achievement in a similar role.
- Experience of setting up and managing budgets
- Experience in the utility management sector is desirable.
- Experience of complex requirements and meeting these with customer focussed solutions.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively.
- Drive, ambition and commitment to strengthen the organisation’s overall capability.
- A natural leader and catalyst of change an improvement.
- The ability to positively motivate and engage with colleagues and clients at all levels to achieve tangible outcomes.
- Pride, passion and energy.
- Resilience when necessary whilst being open to new ideas and confident in presenting your own.
- The ability to build and manage complex relationships.