Group Sales Manager
Group Sales Manager
Our client is an established group of companies that operate primarily within the Rail industry, offering Hi-Tech electronic solutions for operational products, and specialists in the refurbishment of transport and leisure seating. Following a period of stability, the group is now on a growth upturn and uniquely positioned to make some bold moves.
They are looking to recruit a Group Sales Manager to join their team in Redditch.
The Group Sales Manager has full responsibility for the strategic sales plan, analysis, forecasting and reporting across the Businesses. This role provides strategic direction and leadership to the Internal and external sales teams, and working in synergy with product marketing and product development teams. Leading from the front, the Group Sales Manager is principally responsible for achieving sales objectives as determined within the strategic plan that they will create, mastermind and deliver.
- Contribute to overall business group strategic planning
- Creation and implementation of sales strategy across group
- To help shape the group strategy and product roadmap by serving as the voice of the customer and delivering insight into customer needs, competitive dynamics and market trends, while ensuring collaboration with internal teams.
- Owning senior relationships with our Clients to influence their rail procurement strategy, drive sales growth and secure contract renewal, and also influence change
- Lead new contract negotiations in partnership with the legal and finance departments.
- Dealing with the smooth transition of RFQ’s, tender and contract negotiation and preparation.
- Providing strategic leadership to deliver against our client contracts and strategic objectives.
- Creation and maintenance of group wide sales forecast and reporting process (Revenue and GP)
- Ensuring product line contribution rates are achieved. (Revenue and GP)
- Providing customer insights and feeding these into the product development process.
- Building, coaching, developing and managing a group sales team.
- Defining and implementing commercial and sales management best practice across the group.
- Owning the delivery of sales, revenue and margin targets associated with our client portfolio
To be considered for the Group Sales Manager position you will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Experience within the rail or similar industry, is a prerequisite, and of graduate calibre, ideally within electronics degree
- Demonstrative experience running sales teams within a rapid growth technology based industry
- Experience of leading, coaching and inspiring teams fostering a culture of high performance
- Have a track record of negotiating and growing commercial relationships with an understanding of how to navigate and influence complex organisations.
- Have advanced negotiating skills including experience with RFPs and complex commercial agreements.
- Must be a lateral thinker and creative problem–solver with experience in developing innovative partnership or commercial constructs.
- Must have strong data and analytical skills with complementary ability to transform data into actionable insights.
- An inspiring leader, with a transformational mind set and a passion for building high performing sales, and client delivery terms.
- Resilience with the energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive communicator, highly motivated and adaptable to change.
Group Sales Manager Benefits:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Regular company events
- Cycle2Work scheme
If you feel you are the right person for their Group Sales Manager position, please apply now!