Component Engineer - 33539 - Up to £1914 Ltd Co - Powertrain
A Component Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM. The position will be a long term contract role based in Whitley, Coventry and is paying a rate of up to £19.14 Ltd Co per hour.
The successful Component Engineer will be responsible for
- leading the design of base engine components and systems.
- Technical compliance of programme Quality, Cost, Weight, Function & Timing targets.
- Develop and maintain component timing for project design and validation maturity by gateway.
- Engineering Specification, Statement of Requirements and Engineering drawings
- Manage delivery of components on time for virtual and physical builds from concept to mass production.
- Lead technical issue resolution providing clear status to management.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Advanced skills required in the design and delivery of engineering systems on high performance diesel and/or petrol engines, ideally combined with casting design experience. Working knowledge of quality design methods/tools including CAD and problem solving, ideally experienced in applying Design for Six Sigma methodology.
- Experience in the creation of detailed mechanical design specifications and design verification methods. Approval of detailed drawings including GD&T, interpretation and application of engineering standards, compilation of detailed dimensional tolerance stack ups and checking for approval of such.
- Able to work efficiently within a team to project manage component delivery and to communicate efficiently with external teams including component suppliers and external consultancies.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For More information Please contact Teresa Anderson @ Jonathan Lee Recruitment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75156310