Operational Quality Control Manager
Job Title - Operational Quality Control Manager
Location - Wolverhampton
Salary - Negotiable
We are currently recruiting for Quality Control Manager who will encompass assurance, Control and Compliance with Customer Contract Quality Requirements and QA/QC defined processes across the Project Life Cycle
- The scope of the role covers acting as the Operational QC representative with responsibility for ensuring that working undertaken comply with organisational, customer and other interested parties needs and the requirements of any national/international standards and codes of practice, legal or statutory requirements within the industry sectors the business operates
- To support the development, deployment and management QA/QC Management System and Project QA/QC Document deliverables, in accordance with Customer, Regulatory and Business needs through
- The development and maintenance of a QA/QC Governance systems that includes a programme of internal auditing, project reviews and project key performance indicators to facilitate achievement of project milestones and objectives and to assure compliance to customer requirements.
- The interface with Customers, External bodies and lead response to support audit requests.
- Coordination of Quality improvement plans across the business, driving continuous improvement and embedding Assurance across the organisation.
- Coordination of QA/QC training and awareness plans.
- Coordinate QA/QC internal corrective and preventive action activities and assure effective and efficient close out of actions.
- Management of the associated QA/QC Project and Operational objectives and deliverables discharged through the Project QA/QC delivery teams and resources covering all 'make' and 'buy' associated QA/QC verification and validation activities.
- The role requires the effective planning, management and deployment of QA/QC resources, management of associated budget/spend and reporting of performance.
- Project/Product Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Management System Policy and Framework
- Control and Maintenance
- Certification and Approval
- Audit and Review for Conformance, Compliance and Improvement
- International/National Standards, Codes, Legislation
- Support to Business Improvement
- Staff Development
- Internal Communication
- Management System Performance
- Functional Budget Management & Control
- 5-10 tears in management role within Engineering, Defence, or Energy sectors of which at least 3 years' experience in a Quality Management Role
- Management/supervisory experience (3-5 years)
- A good influencer, somebody who is able to work effectively with cross-functional colleagues and customers to achieve business goals.
- Technically competent and able to use own initiative to provide solutions to problems.
- Systematic, thorough with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, EN 3834, EN1090
- NVQ Level 3 or higher - Engineering or Construction or equivalent
- Internal Audit Experience (Product/Process)
- Inspection and testing small and large components and fabrications;
- Appreciation of general and structural steel fabrication;
- Management of project QA/QC requirements and resources;
- Experience and application of:
- Tender/Contract Review of Quality Related Requirements
- Graded Approach to Quality
- Nuclear Safety
- Heat Treatment Processes, Coating Processes, Material Traceability;
- Client/customer/customer QAR and notified body interface role;
- Supplier QA/QC product verification;
- QC surveillance/audit.
- Welding/NDT techniques, processes and application
- Developing and implementing Project Quality Plans and procedures.
- leading investigations / problem solving
- delivering bespoke QA/QC Training Material
- High level of competence in MS Office products
- Successful applicant will be required to be security cleared to at least SC level without restrictions for this appointment
For more information on this role please contact Lee Elwell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446154 or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75178561