***This Role is employeed on a permanent basis and would not be open to a contract day rate****
As PMO Analyst/Project Admin, you will be responsible for the support of a large scale IT Transformation programme. This is a multi-year programme in its early inception phase that will seek to drive a total transformation of IT with improved operational, service, technology and cost models.
Key Purpose of the role:
To support the programme and project managers in delivery of the IT transformation, in addition to ensuring PMO governance standards are followed, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To provide demand management leadership across the transformation team to include process definition and documentation, and operational leadership in meetings.
- To define, implement and work with other core IT functions, PMO & Finance, to support portfolio management across the transformation team.
- To manage, end to end, the team recruitment, including process documentation and improvement.
- Provide operational support for a large scale Technology programme
- Work with central PMO function to ensure programme adheres to governance model, and that individual project/programme managers are meeting the agreed standards with regards to reporting.
- Support Project/Programme meetings (organisation, minute taking, chasing on actions)
- Identify and help implement opportunities to improve PMO processes, standards, and tools.
- Work with project/programme managers and suppliers to help create and distribute reports, booking travel travel/accommodation and management of resources
- Provide advice and guidance to programmes and projects
- Support for quality assurance
- Support for governance, insights, and decision making
- IT Transformation Programme Manager
- IT Transformation Project Managers
- Senior Product Managers
- IT Leadership Team
- Strategy & Planning Leadership Team
- Project and Programme Delivery Leads
- Business Analysts
- Third Party solution and service providers
- IT Service Delivery Management
- IT Service Delivery Support Technicians
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Solid PMO background
- Previous success in a similar cross group, problem focused, time pressured role
- Solid understanding of Risk & Issue Management techniques and Programme governance
- Experience of large scale infrastructure change projects
- Proven experience of reporting, documentation, dashboards and measuring targets against project plans.
- Flexible, resourceful approach to delivering of a range of PMO services
- Operating effectively in a complex geographical/functional Matrix organisation.
- Communicating and inspiring confidence at a senior level and with technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of Project Management principles.
- In depth knowledge of project management methodologies, based on Prince 2.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel in terms of creating reports (formulas, charts, macros, etc)
- Experience of using PowerPoint
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good prioritisation skills
- Successful in obtaining accurate and concise information from team members.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving Project or Programme Office
- Experience of producing project/programme/status reports for senior managers up to Programme Director level
- Work in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- Must be confident and self-motivated
- Must have excellent attention to detail, and be able to quickly sense check reports from across the team.
- Methodical, and analytical
- Maintain a focus on customer service and quality at all times
- Must be able to quickly form strong and positive relationships within , and external partners.
- Strong numeracy and literacy and proficiency in the use of Information Technology
- has an expectation that all people undertake their duties and responsibilities in an inclusive and ethical manner, upholding the Company's values.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong influencer.
- Willingness to travel between sites (predominantly Midlands based)