Demob Job Reference: J3103
Job Title: Workshop Engineer
Location: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: £20,000 + overtime and bonus
Start Date: ASAP
Our client based in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire are a well-established distributor of Electrical based products. Due to continued expansion they are now looking for a Workshop Engineer to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing repair and refurbishment of forklift batteries and chargers. You may on occasions need to go out to customer sites to maintain, install and repair the companies’ products.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in HM Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy (Marine Engineer/Weapons Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) with strong electrical maintenance skills ideally within a production/manufacturing environment. Candidates with this background are encouraged to apply.
- Support the maintenance of equipment, machinery and associated services in a safe and good working order.
- Repair and refurbishment of company products.
- Fitting of OEM batteries in the warehouse and on occasion customer sites to agreed standards and technical specification.
- Commission and check batteries and chargers on customer sites and brief the customer on the practical use and maintenance of the equipment.
- Update maintenance logs.
- Assist in the delivery and collection of the company’s products and supplies. - Any other duties as required.
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship along with City & Guilds, NVQ, ONC, HNC or equivalent.
- Ability to diagnose and repair faults on electrical control systems.
- Electrical installation experience.
- Strong technical, analytical and communication skills.
- High levels of self-motivation, drive & commitment.
- Self- motivated and flexible approach.
- Team player with the ability work on own initiative.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- IT literate.
- Hold 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- £20,000 Basic Salary.
- 39 hour working week between 6am - 6pm, overtime is payable for any extra hours.
- 23 days holiday plus 8 statutory days.
- Pension scheme.
- Incentive bonus.
- Opportunity to join an established company.