Senior Attributes Engineer, PED role
Job Title: Senior Attributes Engineer, PED role
Type of Role: Permanent
Salary Range: Up to £48k depending upon experience
Location: West Midlands
Global Automotive Business
The focus of this position is to develop the requirements for vehicle performance, economy and drivability (PED), typically for new OEM vehicle programmes. The opportunity of for someone who has an OEM or Automotive consulting background and who wants to work with OEM customers and be partly based at the OEM's site some of the time.
- The main focus of the role is to work with the customers, obtaining all the technical information to write the engineering specifications. As the voice of the customer with regards to engineering development a significant part of the role involves networking across the client site.
- Capture and develop customer and vehicle level requirements
- Target setting through assessment of vehicle and virtual test data, benchmark vehicle assessment and customer data
- Generation of supporting documentation such as engineering requirements, engineering standards and test procedures
- Strong focus on product efficiency and drivability attributes
- Liaison with system and sub-system engineering teams to support requirements compatibility assessment, cascade and attribute balance
- Support formal documentation review and release through client processes.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a vehicle attribute engineering environment with a high standard of automotive technical knowledge. Or the candidate will have not necessarily direct hybrid-electric experience but understand their attributes or have calibrating experience. Finally, candidates who have had a development type role within a Hybrid/Electric environment and looking for a new challenge may also be of interest.
Please contact Susannah
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75091579