Senior Enforcement Officer
We are currently working with a Warwickshire-based LPA, who are looking to bring on a contract Senior Enforcement Officer.
This position will last for an initial 3 months, but is likely to extend beyond this period should all go well. The rate of pay will be dependent upon your level and amount of relevant experience, and the hiring manager has asked that candidates be put forward with a suggested desired pay rate, which we will be happy to advise on.
As Senior Enforcement Officer within the team, your main duties will be:
- Subject to the Principal Planning Control Officer’s direction, and in their absence to initiate, the allocation and prioritisation of investigating and monitoring activity in respect of planning enforcement, including the day to day management of the Site Investigation Officers.
- To co-ordinate service quality initiatives, to suggest operational changes and to report on performance. To attend and present items to the Planning and Development Board as appropriate.
- To process planning applications and related procedures generated by enforcement or investigative action.
- To handle the more complex enforcement cases, and particularly to monitor progress of these cases following the issue of formal notices or action.
- To investigate cases of alleged unauthorised development and contraventions of planning control reported to the Council and to report on the facts established.
- To prepare and issue Requisitions for information and Planning Contravention Notices; preparing site plans and to draft Enforcement and all other planning enforcement related Notices.
- To prepare written evidence in connection with Planning Enforcement Appeals and related matters and to present expert evidence at planning Hearings, Public Inquiries and in Court proceedings.
- To conduct interviews in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984. To prepare instructions to the Principal Solicitor.
- To monitor progress on the implementation of Section 106 Agreements and undertakings, and to prepare related reports for the Head of Planning Control.
The council are looking to recruit and interview ASAP, but may be able to wait for the right candidate.
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ella or Richard as below:
email@example.com, 020 3795 4828
Ella – Ella@park-avenue.co.uk, 020 3795 4833
Richard – Richard@park-avenue.co.uk, 020 3795 4830
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in. firstname.lastname@example.org