Technical Support Operator - do you have cabling testing experience?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Support Operator to join a busy, successful IP solutions distribution company based in Birmingham, which provides excellent customer service to its clients, and supports and promotes employees from within where possible.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering high quality technical support via a help-desk and will also be required to provide both pre- and post-sales support. The role would suit someone with knowledge of structured cabling testing and a general understanding of Level III Field testing equipment.
Applicants should enjoy problem-solving with the ability to remain approachable and calm under pressure and be good at dealing with people. On-site support will be necessary as and when needed, so a full clean driving licence is required.
The role will cover support for copper and fibre optic infrastructure, networking products - both wired and wireless, and IP security such as CCTV and access control systems.
There is the opportunity to benefit from an attractive salary with yearly bonus and benefits package.
Essential requirements: The successful Technical Support Operator will have:
- Experience in a Technical role, supporting infrastructure and networking products
- Pre-sales technical support/design experience
- Good knowledge of IP networking products - wired and wireless
- Educated to GCSE level - English & Maths at Grade C or above
- Flexible approach and be highly motivated
- Accuracy and focus on excellent customer service
- Full driving licence.
- General understanding of infrastructure installation standards, practices and testing techniques
- Good understanding of Networking products - both wired and wireless
- Technical qualifications such as ACMP, ASE, CCINE, CCNA, CWNP or equivalents
- Good knowledge of IP switching and routing.
The duties of the Technical Support Operator are:
- Logging all customer telephone / email queries
- Creating incident logs for faulty items
- Detailing text within the incident with concise notes/actions
- Providing network and security systems design assistance and pre-sales support when required
- Attending customer meetings to assist with the solution design and sell
- Delivering internal and external customer training
- Assisting with product specifications on passive and active equipment when required
- Testing and evaluating returned products to determine root cause.
- Corresponding with suppliers and customers regarding faulty equipment and producing reports to describe problems and propose solutions.
Salary: £22,000 to £28,000 depending on experience plus yearly bonus
Benefits: Free car parking, 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (plus yearly incremental), extra holiday at Christmas/New Year period, company pension scheme, company sick pay, death in service benefit, social committee funded events.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday - flexible between 8:00am and 6:00pm
This role would suit someone with previous experience as: Cabling Tester, Technical Support Operator, Technical Support Analyst, Technical Support Engineer, CCTV Installer, Technical Helpdesk, Systems Engineer, Network Engineer, IT Support Engineer.
PLEASE APPLY NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!