IT Technician - Application Support
We are currently looking for a IT Technician - Application Support to work under direction from the Application Support Manager. Support, manage and maintain key business services to meet Business requirements and IT roadmaps.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of systems management procedures in a large commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Specialist knowledge of technical applications and a good understanding of operating systems, computers, and applications software
- IT literacy around applications and systems. Core interactions are:- databases, SQL, operating system platforms such as UNIX and Windows
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
- Change control, release procedures and tools.
- ITIL based service management framework.
- (Desirable) Powershell scripting
Must be able to demonstrate experience of one of the below disciplines
- UNIX (preferably Solaris 10 & 11) and Layered Product Administration and Tuning.
- Linux (preferably Red Hat) product Installation, Administration and Tuning.
- SAN technology (NetApp) , FC-HBA & NFS connectivity and utilities.
- Storage Technologies such as ZFS, Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
Microsoft Windows Server systems
- Windows Server (2003, 2008 & 2012).
- Active Directory.
- VMware Virtualisation.
- HP Server / Blade / Cluster Technology.
- Oracle RDBMS
- Dataguard and high availability.
- RMAN backup and recovery.
- Performance tuning and monitoring.
Network /Communication systems
- Cisco Networking
- TCP/IP, routers, switches, multiplexers, modems, cabling.
- CS1000, ACD, Symposium, Voicemail, mobile communications
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.