Team Manager - Financial Crime Operations
Hello, we're TSB, and we're different from other banks.
We don't do investment banking, overseas speculation or big corporate finance. We just serve individuals and local business customers - we call it 'local banking'.
It's exciting times at TSB, not only are we nearing completion of our migration to our new computer technology systems but we are expanding our Financial Crime Operations Team in Sheldon. This new role will be instrumental in assisting in the build of the team and providing ongoing subject matter expertise beyond migration in relation to Financial Crime (specifically anti-money laundering) and ensuring that the systems and processes are tested and fully embedded.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the jobholder will be responsible for a number of teams that fall under Financial Crime. These will include Transaction Monitoring Unit (TMU) and may also include Court Production Order team (CPO) and the Customer and Payments Screening team (CP&S). As well as managing these teams post migration, the role will also be responsible for the coordination of projects and resources to ensure customers are provided with a high quality cost efficient service, contributing to the effective leadership and the strategic direction of the function.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of leading operational teams
- Proven AML experience, especially in the field of Transaction Monitoring in a first line capacity including the review and sign off of manual SARs (including DAML/DATF cases) and systems alerts
- A strong understanding of Sanctions, PEP's, SARs, CPO and Transaction Monitoring
- A recognised industry qualification (such as ICA qualification in Financial Crime Prevention or Anti Money Laundering) would be advantageous
It takes more than just skills and experience, you will also need to:
- Contribute to business plans, providing insightful information which will enable business areas to assess the implications linked to their decisions
- Act as a functional specialist and offer technical advice and support to ensure all financial crime legal and regulatory requirements are considered and implemented compliantly
- Ensure there is a robust suite of transaction monitoring rules in place to identify unusual money laundering behaviours through system alerts
- Create a robust suite of Management Information relevant for the TMU function in order to manage the team and report findings at financial crime meetings
- Assist with the investigation, escalation and decisions of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), including complex SARs and Consent cases
- Manage TMU escalations and engagement with stakeholders through to resolution
We are TSB.
We are Pioneering, Responsible, Straightforward, Collaborative and Transparent.
A recognised industry qualification (such as ICA qualification in Financial Crime Prevention or Anti Money Laundering) would also be advantageous.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75099129