Job Title: Applications Manager
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £45k-£50k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Job purpose as theApplications Manager
The purpose of the Applications Manager is to lead the Body Structures Applications Team for AM6 based programmes and overall Body Structures total delivery cost. Management of the Engineers' day to day activities for direct reports and Engineering Service Partners but also driving Platform, Commodity and Performance Engineers.
Key responsibilities & tasks as the Applications Manager
The key responsibilities and tasks of the role include:
- Working with the Senior Applications Manager, develop response to the Strategic Evaluation Letter based on the archetypes defined by the Platform team, the output of the Concept team and Level 1 Targets defined by the Attribute Leaders and Functional Performance engineers.
- Work with the Functional Teams and Senior Applications Manager to define resource requirements from Concept Phase through to Job#1.
- Work with Platform Team to develop inputs for any Request for Quotations for out-sourced work and generate robust Statements of Work as required.
- Lead technical issue resolution in the Applications Teams as required.
- Lead activity with Product Cost Estimating & Purchasing to set recommended commodity financial targets based on defined archetypes & strategic suppliers.
- Lead the cross-functional team to deliver these targets once set.
- Lead the cross functional team to successfully meet all 'Mission' deliverables on-time.
- Support the development of engineering best practise design guidelines and engineering requirement documentation.
- Lead the Applications Engineering Team consisting of direct reports, engineers embedded in Platform Team and outsourced engineering partners.
- Act as the interface between Programmes Office and Body Structures Functional Team.
- Champion the overall Body Structures total delivery cost activity and ensure individual teams are on-track with their project delivery. Escalate to Senior Managers within Body Structures as required where help is needed.
- Present total delivery cost status in regular Senior Leadership Reviews.
- Where appropriate, total delivery cost activities and projects are out-sourced hence there will be a need to manage this resource to ensure targets are met.
Qualifications & experience
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline. With the ability to lead team members with varying personalities and motivations in an effective manner whilst able to successfully lead a cross-functional team and ready to step in to take a position of leadership when required. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate a 'lessons learnt' and 'prevent recurrence' mind-set both for engineering & process elements of the business.
- Minimum Degree level in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Masters level qualification in Automotive or Management.
- Experience within Automotive Industry.
- Experience in one or more of these areas: Underbody, BIW, Closures, Exterior Functional Trim, Fascia Systems.
- Experience of Cost & Attribute Target setting and then managing through to Job#1.
- Experience of working in high pressure pre-production and launch situations.
- Experience of assigning tasks and prioritise to small team to meet deliverables.
- Experience of managing team members who are not their direct reports.
- Experience of working either with Full Service Suppliers or Engineering Service Partners.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
- Experience of using a milestone delivery process within the Automotive Industry.
- Knowledge of the company MISSION process would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of Failure Mode Avoidance techniques.
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Applications Manager, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.