Technical Underwriting Manager
Job Title: Technical Underwriting Manager
Location: West Midlands
Job Sector: Insurance
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £50,000 to £93,000 plus Leading Benefits Package
Job Reference: IM/19046
Our client, one of the UK’s leading composite insurance and financial services companies, seeks a Technical Underwriting Manager in this pivotal new role to help spearhead further growth in the corporate arena.
- Working as part of the senior underwriting management team, you will be responsible for driving technical excellence standards, skills and knowledge across the Corporate Underwriting team to deliver profitability, retention and sales plans in line with agreed strategies and risk appetite.
- Management of the profitability and growth of the account and line management responsibility for a team of experienced commercial underwriters.
- Delivery of new projects, in-particular supporting moves into new market sectors.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Previous experience of managing a front line technical underwriting team.
- Substantial experience and technical knowledge of commercial underwriting and pricing, preferably with an emphasis on property Insurance.
- Track record of achieving financial performance.
- Knowledge of current industry developments and regulatory frameworks and in-depth corporate market knowledge, contacts and influence.
- ACII or progression towards.
- £50,000 to £93,000
- Market leading benefits package
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.