Scheme Project Manager
Job Title - Scheme Project Manager
Location -Derby, Brunel House
Rates - £250 - £350 per day (In Scope of IR35)
About the role / project:
Working on the route clearance for London to Corby (L2C) which is part of the Midland mainline programme. The role will involve management of framework suppliers, liaising with external stakeholders. Ensuring projects are delivered on time and to the specific cost and quality deadlines. Ensure the principles of safety are upheld while maintaining contractor performance on the programmes.
What you will do:
- Manage the production of project management plans
- Manage project budgets within agreed targets
- Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Programme Manager (Change).
- Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
- Disseminate lessons learnt.
- Scheme/Project management experience
- Safety practices in rail
- Investment procedure knowledge.
- Experience of managing significant civils, renewal and enhancement projects.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body.
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are striving to achieve the 'two ticks' disability symbol and to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.