Administrator - Fostering Service - Worcester
A Fostering Service in the West Midlands, based in Worcester and Dudley, are looking to recruit an experienced full-time Fostering Admin to provide administrative support to the fostering teams and agency in its prime duties of delivering foster care recruitment, approval and support within the Regulatory regime. This will include typing and clerical support, implementation, maintenance and update of systems and records, co-ordinate of meetings and minute taking during official meetings, data entry, reception and telephone duties.
This is a fast-paced role and you will need to be IT proficient with a good knowledge of Microsoft office - especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail in order manage confidential and complex admin duties. You will need to be flexible, resilient and able to work under pressure to meet targets and achieve deadlines.
As Fostering Admin your main duties will include:
- To support the Registered Manager in all aspects of quality assurance
- To undertake health and safety checks as required by legislation on behalf of the Registered Manager To be the office based first aider/fire Marshall and undertake update training as required
- Maintain petty cash systems in line with the finance policy
- Ensure foster carer allowance procedures are followed
- Replenish stationery as required
- Use of the company data-base system
- Covering other regional offices by long arm support to ensure effective delivery of work throughout the agency
- Induction and training of new staff
As Fostering Admin you must:
- Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs, or equivalent, including minimum C Grade in English and Mathematics
- Be able to evidence achievement in Microsoft office applications and/or keyboard skills
- Have administrative experience gained through recent, relevant employment
- Have a working knowledge of relevant children’s services and fostering legislation and regulations
- Be willing to work flexibly and be able to work on occasion outside of normal office hours
If you are interested in this role, please submit your interest through this advert.