Technical Manager - Electrical Engineering
Fantastic new opportunity for a Technical Manager to be based in the north Birmingham area.
Salary: Up to £50,000 + Benefits
My client is looking for an electrically focussed engineer with experience in project and product management to join a growing team in the West Midlands. The Technical Manager will develop new products for a new division being created that will provide automated control systems/switches and would initially involve the design and development of products from concept to delivery. The Technical Manager would have the responsibility to not only develop the products but also to promote and support them.
This position is ideal for a well-rounded senior engineer, with an electrical Engineering background, with both design and development experience and the knowledge of the full life cycle process.
- Design and Develop automated control systems from initial concept through to manufacture.
- Support the introduction of the product range.
- Work with and support the dedicated sales person with client queries, bids and tenders.
- To act as an interface between the Engineering Team, Sales, Purchasing and other business departments.
- In the future, build a team around them (recruit, mentor and manage).
- Previous experience within Electro-mechanical Design and Development environment.
- Technical knowledge of electrical control equipment – automated systems/switches.
- A good understanding of wiring schematics.
- Knowledge of switches and other electrical systems
- Good understanding of electrical installation requirements and the 17th Edition of the wiring regulations.
- Salary - £40,000 to £50,000
- 33 days (including statutory holidays).
- Pension and Bonus.
- Progression and training
This role is ideally suited to an experienced electrical engineer who has full product life-cycle experience. The right candidate will be experienced working hands on but also have experience and be keen to pursue a management based role.
They are looking to collect CV’s this week and begin interviews from Monday 24th of July.
If this sounds like it could be of interest to you then please click APPLY and submit your CV for consideration.