Deputy Manager - Residential Home
We're looking for an experienced deputy manager / assistant manager to work in a wonderful residential care home for older people in Derby. The home provides a comfortable and compassionate environment and the company ensure that their resident's happiness and well-being is at the heart of what they do. You'll be an experienced deputy manager or assistant manager in elderly residential care, who is passionate about ensuring a high standard care service, is provided. On offer is an attractive salary of £23,000 - £24,000 plus pension scheme and the opportunity to work for a family-run provider with a number of well-run residential settings in the midlands.
- As a deputy manager / care manager you'll be responsible for the planning, monitoring and delivering the highest standards of personal care to residents,
- You'll ensure that everyone is treated with respect and dignity and that people's rights to privacy, independence, dignity and choice are met.
- You'll supervise and evaluate the care delivered to residents ensuring that the home's standards are met.
- In the absence of the home manager you'll act in charge of the home, ensuring that legislation is adhered to and standards are maintained.
- To participate in the formulation of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To be an active and encouraging senior member of the Care team, responsible for running team meetings, ensuring good communication and leading the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants
The Successful Candidate
- We're looking for somebody with experience of supervising / leading a care team, ideally within a residential environment.
- You'll need to have worked in a care home for older people previously, experience of supporting people with dementia would be advantageous
- NVQ3 in Care
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- Basic budgeting skills
- A warm and friendly disposition with good communication skills, able to put others at ease
- Willing to develop management skills
Interested? Click 'apply' to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment to be considered. We are recruiting for this role as a matter of urgency so please don't delay in applying.
For more information call me on
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.