Our client, a well known hotel group in Telford are currently recruiting for a Sous Chef to join their growing team. Excellent salary and career progression available alongside a great benefits package, including anniversary bonuses and discounted hotel rates.
This position would suit an experienced Senior/Sous Chef with a passion for training a developing a team.
To support the Head Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen team and assist in exceeding company standards, ensuring the highest level of food quality. To also maintain cost control and wastage, minimise complaints and assist in the development of the team.
- Assist the Head Chef in carrying out all department training needs
- Check the function/hotel sheets and liaise with the Head Chef to carry out all duties required
- Work closely with the Food & Beverage team to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen, and supervise all Junior Chefs/Kitchen Porters
- Food Orders and Stock Control
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are being adhered to
- Deputise for the Head Chef when required, including writing and costing menus
- Be aware of all hotel and department objectives and assist in achieving them
- Must have Supervisory experience within a busy kitchen environment
- Be self motivated and passionate about food
- Hold a Level 2 Food Hygiene certification
- Hold Level 3 NVQ in Professional Cookery
- Have a working knowledge of HACCP
- Have own Chef Whites & Knife Set
- Competitive salary + bonuses
- Free use of leisure club facilities
- Discounted rates at participating hotelsAnniversary bonuses