Position: Driver - HGV (Class 1 or 2)
Hours of Work: Full Time (39 Hours Per Week)
Our client provides an innovative and engineered range of scaffolding, access, formwork & shoring and industrial maintenance services. They have approximately 1,000 employees over a number of sites throughout the UK and Channel Islands.
The Driver Role:
They are seeking an experienced driver to collect and deliver company products and assist with loading/unloading as required, reporting into the Manager/Supervisor.
You will be providing timely and accurate delivery/collection of their products, offering a competent and professional service to their customers and ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with internal and FTAdrivers’ handbooks, Health and Safety requirements and other statutory legislation.
• Compliance with all company guidelines, procedures, completing and maintaining relevant documentation, such as FTA (Freight Transport Association, Driver vehicle check and defect report VC 40 form) on a daily basis for weekly submission to line manager
• Responsibility for the maintenance of the vehicle, including effective daily vehicle checks ensuring vehicle is in good order
• Operating the vehicle in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with all traffic and statutory regulations, and secure appropriately
• Drive in a manner which will maintain the good condition of the vehicle
• Carry out checks to ensure all loads are secured and that integrity of load is maintained appropriately
• Ensure all accidents are reported immediately through the proper channels
• Actively liaise with Supervisor, Site Foreman, Managers and Customers to ensure equipment is collected and delivered as agreed and that all equipment is removed from site
• Assist with yard tasks as required
• Ensure that all paperwork; tachographs, hire delivery tickets, collection instructions etc are correctly authorised, and submitted in accordance with the relevant procedures
Skills & Experience Required:
• Self-discipline with a commitment to quality and procedures
• Ability to work under supervision, carrying out instructions correctly and must have a clear understanding of all Health and Safety requirements, pertaining to role of Driver
• Certification must be held of the correct level of qualification for vehicle, Class 1 or 2 Licence and CPC training
To apply for this Driver position, please forward an up to date CV and Covering Letter stating current salary, notice period, why you are suitable for this role and if you have the right to work in the UK via the button shown.
Keywords: Driver, HGV, Class 1, Class 2, Automotive, Freight, Transport, Loading, Unloading, Delivery, Driving, Vehicle, Coleshill, Birmingham
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.