UK Chief Accountant
A rapidly growing, successful Logistics and Distribution firm, based in Lichfield, is seeking a Qualified Accountant to join the business in a newly created position as UK Chief Accountant. The UK Chief Accountant will be paid a salary in the range of £55,000 to £65,000 (depending on their level of experience) + £9,000 car allowance + pension + private health care + up to 20% annual bonus.
Reporting in to the Finance Director, the UK Chief Accountant will have responsibility for managing and developing a team of 11 Finance staff, as well as ensuring the UK Business is well managed from a financial perspective in terms of profit centre and business unit reporting, cash management, local tax and statutory reporting compliance and ensuring that the Business/Group receives meaningful and timely information to make informed management decisions.
The key aspects of the UK Chief Accountant are:
- Assist the Director of Finance Director in preparing the company annual budget report & longer term business plans as required, including strategic planning
- Provide consolidated weekly P&L accounts by profit centre and business unit
- Produce and co-ordinate all MI for the production of UK Board Reports
- Preparation of the monthly financial and management reporting
- Management of the full year and interim external financial statements,
- Act as the technical centre of excellence for financial reporting across finance
- Management and delivery of transactional team and processes
- Prove to be a key point of contact with Group, Divisional Controllers and other Operational Management
- Drive process improvement across the UK finance team.
UK Chief Accountant - Key Skills:
- Qualified Accountant, ideally having trained within a large audit firm
- Excellent and up to date technical accounting skills
- Experience of working in or auditing a multi-site business
- Experience of managing and developing large teams
- Ability to identify and drive process improvements
- Ability to effectively communicate across the Business and externally
To apply for the UK Chief Accountant position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.