Recoveries Claims Handler
Optima are currently supporting a growing business based in Stoke with the recruitment of a Recoveries Claims Handler. Due to continued growth within the business this is an exciting time to join them, you will handle a variety of recovery claims which have been referred to the recoveries team - To recover from the third party insurer the outlay they have made as a result of the fault of a third party.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Knowledge of insurance policy wording, coverage and terms and conditions.
- Experience of handling property claims with particular emphasis on escape of water, impact and fire perils.
- An understanding of the recovery process and subrogation rights.
- Working knowledge of negligence, Legislation and Occupiers Liability Act.
- Manage claims proactively and within company protocols.
- Release cheques and action complaints within authorities set by management.
The ideal candidate for this role must have an understanding of the property claims management process, must have a minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grade C or above including Maths and English, a CII qualification would be advantageous but not essential if can demonstrate a solid Claims Handling background. Also must be able to adapt in use of MS Office particularly Excel and Word, able to use database software to a basic level, internet and email.
For more information please contact Gemma Hobson.