Manufacturing Area Leader
A world renowned Global Manufacturer of automotive components is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Area Leader to join their team on a permanent basis in Staffordshire.
- Reporting to the Production Manager, the experienced Manufacturing Area Leader is responsible for the day to day smooth running of their area.
- The role will involve managing Team Members to ensure targets are achieved and improved.
- Conduct pre-work briefings covering safety, KPI target adherence and general plant communication then assignment of duties for the shift.
- Ensuring production targets are in line with planning and customer requirements.
- Evaluation of production target adherence and initiating 'catch back' scenarios.
- Carry out adherence to standardised work assessments.
- Responsible for the completion checks on all applicable plant andequipment.
- Communicate with support departments to protect their area from variation through potential problem prediction and first level escalation.
- Development of team with regards to Standardised Work, achieving tact and the zero pass of defective parts to the next process.
- Training and competence assessment on all equipment and processes to ensure full production operational flexibility.
- Perform basic cell recovery procedures for minor stoppages.
- Completion of administrative tasks associated with all visual management systems
- First level escalation of potential issues.
- Active participation in Continuous Improvement/ problem solving activities.
- Required to enable 'step down' for break and absence covering and training of new team members.
- Conduct return to work interviews and manage absence through disciplinary policy.
- Experience in a similar paced production environment is essential.
- Experience in delivering quality and running a smooth operation.
- Has been proactive and participated regularly in Problem Solving exercises.
- Able to receive and deliver training.
- Able to communicate efficiently across departments and can solve issues logically.
- People management and development skills.
- The ability to develop a team and maximise team performance and engagement.
The salary for this role is a competitive package with a generous shift allowance.
The role is permanent and applicants must be flexible to work a 3 shift pattern.
THE POINT OF CONTACT
For more information on this role please contact Tony Hutchinson.