SF Group are currently looking for a Project/Resident Engineer with experience of working within an Automotive or Aerospace Manufacturing environment.
This position has come about through business growth within the company’s sector. It is currently experiencing fantastic structured growth and is looking for someone to join the team and expand their career within.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Liaise with BIW Engineering departments throughout the development process cycle
- Support R&D through concise communication of program data for the generation of concept designs and concern solutions
- Support Programme Management structure and gateway requirements
- Understanding of Automotive OEM Product Development Systems (GPCS etc.)
- Liaise with Manufacturing division (BU & Division) to assist in concept/production ready design & development requirements
- Lead/Support customer reviews (PMST, APQP, DFMEA, Package, Safety, VCC Manufacturing, Proto-build phases, Launch Phases) throughout the project lifecycle
- Ability to manipulate, view and understand CAD data and Engineering drawings/GDT
- Identify and action personal training needs and development
The ideal person will be/have:
- Experienced in development of BIW systems and components and ideally have an understanding of manufacturing techniques associated with products being developed; forging, bending, assembly, pressing, tooling and welding processes, would be a beneficial
- Experience of delivering major development programmes within time and budget constraints
- Experience of Project Management techniques and following a gate way managed Programme delivery process
- Good communication skills to interact at all levels across the business including customers, suppliers, sales and engineers both internal and 2nd Tier, with ability to present to a senior level of management
- Ability to understand, interpret and act upon customer feedback
- Have proven engineering background (ideally in BiW components)
- Qualified to Graduate level in appropriate engineering discipline
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft software such as Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong team-working skills, decision making, and ability to provide direction as appropriate
For the relevant candidate this position will pay a salary in the range of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum.
If you are interested in this role please contact me ASAP on or .