My client, based in the Ellesmere area, is currently looking to appoint a Finance Manager to be responsible for all day to day finance matters of the company including staff, systems and figures.
The post will oversee the team directly involved in the financial affairs of the company and will lead on all tasks required to produce the necessary figures for preparation of the accounts (Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Bank / Cash, Payroll, Accruals, Prepayments).
Duties and remit of the role will include:
- Maintenance of accounting records and the production of various monthly reports
- Responsibility for preparation of the annual budgets to strict timetable
- Financial systems development and the implementation of day to day financial systems / internal controls
- Development of a small team of direct reports, including conducting annual appraisals and payroll support
- Monthly close of Sales Ledgers, Purchase Ledgers and Cash Book to strict deadlines
- Preparation of figures for VAT returns
- Financial and Data Compliance
- HMRC Compliance liaison
- Company Cash Management
- Assisting with project work as required
Candidates will ideally be qualified but finalists will also be considered.
It is essential that applicants are strong communicators who are keen for responsibility with a strong work ethic.