Residential Childcare Assessor
OVERVIEW: RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Residential Childcare Assessor to join an established and expanding private training provider.
It is essential you have delivered Residential Childcare (at Level 3) apprenticeships (including functional skills) and have at least 2 years' occupational experience in a Residential Childcare setting (ideally in a Team Leading or Managerial role).
The role is home based and the learner caseload is predominately located in and around the Telford (Shropshire) area.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
The role is home based and you will be visiting learners in their place of work. Managing your own diary, you will be responsible for a caseload of 40-45 learners, delivering apprenticeships in Residential Childcare, including Functional Skills delivery as part of the full apprenticeship framework.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- Working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, while delivering a range of quality provisions, you will follow code of practise and or the agreed procedure for any awarding bodies.
- Train, assess, motivate and support Residential Childcare learners on programmes towards achieving qualifications including Apprenticeships and NVQ's within a sector specific area and in a variety of locations and environments / organisations.
- Maximise the use of e-learning and using a variety of assessment methods to ensure learners have the chance to evidence their knowledge in a variety of ways.
- Support, develop, implement and evaluate approved Residential Childcare training materials, promoting standardisation, use approved training methods to develop the learner and utilise every opportunity to supporting them to achieving their qualification in a timely manner.
- Ensure the highest standards of learner completions are met and to monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progression reviews/additional support reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- A1 Assessor Award (TAQA, CAVA, A1, D32/33 etc.)
- Strong occupational competence in Residential Childcare (Team Leader or Managerial position)
- A minimum 2 years' occupational experience within a Residential Childcare setting (ideally within either a Team Leading or Managerial position).
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own diary
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- Teaching Qualification (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd, 7407)
- Verifier Qualification (IQA, V1 or equivalent)
SALARY/BENEFITS: RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE ASSESSOR
- Starting salary range between £23k - £27k
- Full travel expenses (paid from home)
- Excellent fringe benefits and opportunity for personal development with further qualifications
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.