MandM Direct has over 30 years experience of trading. Led by our Board of Directors, we are now one of Europe’s leading online, off-price retailers. We offer big brands at low prices - with over 3 million customers and 57 million website visits per year.
Are you looking for that next step up in your career? We have a new and exciting opportunity within our Buying department for the role of Buying Assistant. Reporting directly to one of our Buyers, you will be responsible for the follow through of orders after purchase.
Main duties will include:
- Following through the approval process of fit samples, lab dips, fabrics, prints, embroideries and components for each ordered style
- Managing the sampling process and leading all supplier contact and relationships, ensuring relevant people and departments are informed on the sample status
- Supporting the administration of the Buyer
- Accurately inputting orders - researching data to provide accurate size breaks/colour analysis
- Setting up of critical path for each order with the relevant supplier
- Co-ordinating the samples on arrival, liaising with the operations and photography teams
- Labelling products and bar coding
- Checking fabric content and updating systems
- Creating data packs for Buyers
- Checking re-buy codes, ensuring we do not replicate
- Ensuring delivery of photo samples within photo-shoot deadlines.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Methodical, Strong organisational and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to handle a heavy workload within tight deadlines
- Strong commercial awareness and knowledge of the market place
- Analytical and numeracy skills
- Excellent verbal, and written skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
Hours of work: 9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday - Friday.
Location: Based at our head office in Leominster, Herefordshire.