HCPC Registered Senior Practitioner - Fostering
Our client in the West Midlands area is looking for a Senior Practitioner for their Fostering Team. Ideally, must be local to Walsall, Erdington & Wolverhampton areas, or living in the Birmingham area.
- To manage the work and monitor the performance of their team offering a comprehensive service to foster carers, children and young people.
- Supervision of staff and Foster Carers
- To carry a caseload and to provide supervision and support to allocated carers.
- To supervise team of three to four social workers
- To ensure that the carer is informed of, and fully complies with, all standards Policies and guidance, including safe caring guidelines, agreed by UK Fostering.
- Provide appropriate support to the carers enabling them to achieve the fostering task.
- To make initial visits to the potential carers and undertake CWDC based form Assessments of applicants and prepare a report on their suitability using the BAAF form F format and present for approval to Fostering Panel.
- To carry out foster carers’ annual reviews, ensuring they take place within timescales, (all paperwork completed one month before the review date) relevant forms, liaising with associated parties, and ensuring they are presented to panel on time.
- To be responsible for updating Form F’s and identifying key information which must be included in the professional development of foster carers
- Investigate substantial complaints and allegations regarding foster carers on your own or in partnership with the complaints officer appointed by the Agency.
- To chair annual reviews meetings
- To participate in Out of Hours (EDT) telephone rota service to carers.
- To attend fostering panel and present annual review reports etc.
- Be willing and able to work flexible hours that will involve some evenings and weekends.
- To co-ordinate support groups for foster carers if needed.
- Monthly report.
- To ensure that all carer are in receipt of all up to date reports and documentation.
- To contribute towards the organisation of social events.
- Any other duties as required by your line manager.
- Attend regular supervision and annual appraisal meetings with the line manager and participate in appropriate training and professional development.
Person specification (knowledge, skills, experience and behaviours required in the role)
- HCPC Registered
- Recognised Social Work qualification
- Experience of more than 2 years working as a Social Worker in the UK
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience in Fostering
- Must be a car driver with a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
£250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
*Terms and conditions apply