Supply Chain Assistant
Our client, an industry recognised global food retailer, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join their fast paced supply chain department.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the successful candidate will be of graduate calibre or with equivalent experience and will be responsible for the control of an area of the inbound supply chain.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for management of inbound platform stock levels.
- Developing and managing the companies forecasting systems and processes.
- Working closely with the Buying and Trading departments to create accurate forecasts for suppliers in order to maintain and improve a high standard of stock availability.
- Producing and monitoring forecast conformance and reporting KPIS.
- Work in partnership with suppliers and business stakeholders to improve inbound performance and monitor supplier conformance.
- Able to take responsibility for their area, recommend and project manage improvement initiatives.
- Support the department in key improvement projects as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Advanced Excel user with knowledge of array formulas and macros.
- Excellent formatting and presentation skills with experience of formatting information fit for a high level audience.
- Ability to extract and analyse large amounts of data to demonstrate historic patterns and trends.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills - the candidate will have to liaise with suppliers and internal stakeholders in order to ensure availability.
- Have experience in creating and documenting processes including forecast processes and compliance.
- Have experience of stock management processes.
- Have a retail logistics or retail supply background.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with and analyse large amounts of data whilst remaining calm, flexible and adaptable. Constantly striving for improvement and open to new ideas, you will need to be organised and process driven and have the ability to continuously develop and interpret those processes. You will need to be determined, focused and will demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
Please note: due to the high number of responses we receive if you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.