BDM - European Freight
Our client is a well-established global service provider to the Freight forwarding, express and international parcels, and warehousing and logistics industry
The network has more than 354 locations across 60 countries and with 13,000 employees serving alliance customers and attending to the details of their business round the clock, around the globe. We are now looking for a Business Development Manager - RoadFreight
Overview of the Main Function of the Post:
To develop and increase the sales of the Road Freight product with special emphasis on the UK to Ireland route in line with the projected targets. To provide account management support to the customers and branch. To develop customer base in line with company objectives. Support sales activities in other areas of the company as required as part of the sales team Report sales progress within the Company CRM system.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan and prioritise personal sales activities towards achieving agreed targets including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
2. Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory according to an agreed market development strategy.
3. Manage pricing and margins according to agreed targets.
4. Achieve new business targets/Retain existing business in line with objectives.
5. Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
6. Support local and national marketing initiatives.
7. Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant feedback, reports and information.
8. Report according to systems and requirements.
9. Communicate and negotiate internally and externally to support the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
10. Represent the Company at meetings and presentations as necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
In order to apply for this role you will have sold road freight products and ideally UK to Ireland, you will have a proven track record in sales both new and retention and be looking for a role with development opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75127205