Churchill Howard are partnering with a leading contract services business in Derby to recruit a Commercial Finance Controller for a key long term project.
The role will be a key member of the project team, supporting the contract director in the achievement of deliverables. The role will transition over time from initial contract services to full operational finance activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing commercial support and financial governance for the contract services
- Analysing operational cost and revenue drivers and formulating results for operational managers
- Explaining variances to budget / forecast and informing key outcomes and formulating business strategies
- Advising non-financial stakeholders on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance
- Forecasting monthly, quarterly and yearly financial results
- Maintaining costs for operational overheads and new business improvement initiatives
- Manage project cash flows and forecasts by updating operational models to monitor key financial ratios over the project life cycle
- Ability to work in a complex contract environment and management of key internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing financial data associated with Contract Variations and other financial contractual matters
- Completing quarterly vat returns, and compliance certificates for distribution payments etc.
- Management of 1 contract controller
- Manage the transition from initial interim contract services to full operational activities including an office move and creating new and complex reporting schedules
To be successful, you will need to be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with strong experience of working in a contract environment (eg: construction or manufacturing). Other requirements include:
- Experience of working with complex forecasts and managing change
- Experience of optimising the performance of a business
- Experience of PFI/PPP is highly desirable
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and to deliver
- Excellent communication, administration and organisational skills
If you would like to find out more and you have the required skills and experience, get in touch to register your interest as soon as possible. Interviews will take place week commencing 7th August.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.