Supervising Social Worker - Birmingham / Dudley region
A ‘family feel’ and well regarded fostering provider are looking for a Senior / Supervising Social Worker (experience dependent) to join their fostering service and support carers across the Birmingham / Dudley / Wolverhampton / Halesowen and surrounding regions.
Over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required, within the duty rota system or in emergencies.
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- A DipSW or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Prior fostering social work experience, either from an IFA or Local Authority (essential)
- A car owner / driver and be required to travel as required.
Some flexible working may be needed in order to attend emergencies or to participate in the duty rota.
Salary is £36,000 (experience dependent), with additional benefits, including a company car (if required), mileage and private healthcare.
For further information, a job description and a confidential chat around the role, please contact Harriet Connolly in confidence on 0774 0773499 / 0121 323 3720 / email@example.com
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children’s social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: with a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.