B'ham City Centre Apprentice Engineer Required
Apprentice Engineer , Birmingham Central
Established in 1983 our client are a manufacturer of fluid handling systems incorporating hoses, manipulated tubes & fabricated assemblies.
Operating in diverse sectors they offer a range of world class quality products and solutions to our international customers at the lowest possible cost.
The commitment in providing a total service from "concept to completion" is supported by flexibility in delivery and through product innovation.
- Operation of relevant equipment as required
- Assist team members when required.
- Ensure product quality to specified standards
- Follows quality assurance policies and procedures
- Adjustment and setting of equipment to achieve desired standard of product
- Adherence to all Company policies and procedures
- Preparation of work by co-ordination of parts, materials and instructions
- Prepare mild steel products ready for welding
- Operations and Administrative:
- Completion of production logs
- Administration of receipt flow and return of materials
- Reporting of activity and issues to immediate Supervisor
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Use of equipment and supplies to achieve stated tasks.
- Alteration of dimensions as required to meet specifications
- Overall awareness of Health and Safety requirements
- Good general engineering knowledge
- Understanding of metrology techniques
- Excellent timekeeping
- Ability to work methodically and systematically
- Willing to accept new tasks and challenges
- Good team player
- Ability to work with minimum Supervision
- Willing to offer opinions when necessary
You will be required to attend the academy for training in your BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Engineering. 6 weeks (2 days a week).This will also include a 2 day industry work placement.
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations is delivered at LEMA Engineering & Manufacturing Academy. You will be in training for one day a week and four days a week at your trainee Engineering Apprenticeship placement for the first 23 weeks of your 12 month Apprenticeship.
For the trainee Engineering Apprentice:
You will require 5 GCSE's Grade A-C including Maths and English.
You will have to be aged 16 – 18 years old.
You have an interest in engineering.
If you are an enthusiastic individual with a great attitude who is looking for a career opportunity where you are going to be able to make a difference then this your time! All this is possible with LEMA Engineering & Manufacturing Academy to start you on the ladder of a fantastic career!
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV to Stuart Beer or call on 07966992516
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75221902