Interim Tax Accountant required for an interim role with a leading South Birmingham based business. My client is a leading blue chip organisation who require an experienced Tax Accountant for a period of 3-6 months.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Act as UK company specialist
- Review all tax costs to evaluate if there are opportunities for consideration
- Monitor the plans of the company so that the tax implications of strategies or projects are understood
- Act as a business partner and provide tax support and guidance to any other department
- Ensure that the company complies with all of its legal obligations for filing returns for Corporation Tax, Employment Tax (non-payroll and expatriates) and VAT
- Deal with any incoming correspondence from HMRC and manage audits to minimise any additional liability to the company
- Interface with internal and external audit for all matters related to taxes and statutory books
- Ensure that US GAAP deferred tax calculations and other reporting requirements are completed on a timely basis
- UK GAAP current & deferred tax calculations for inclusion in the statutory accounts prepared on a timely basis
- Review, update and monitor SOX compliance
- Liaise with and report to the EMEA Tax & Tax accounting Manager on any tax accounting and reporting matters
My client is seeking a qualified Accountant with strong tax experience. You will be able to challenge the status quo and look to improve current processes. You will be available at short notice and willing to commit to the full length of the assignment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75220389