Speciality Doctor - Mental Health
I am currently working on before of a leading National healthcare provider that is seeking to appoint an experience Speciality Doctor into one of their specialist Mental Health Hospitals in Staffordshire.
The service itself safe and supportive complex care and rehabilitation service, for male and female service users with learning disabilities and enduring mental health problems. These include those with varying degrees of challenging behaviours and forensic histories.
Daily duties include:
- Taking responsibility for the day to day care of inpatients under consultant supervision.
- Working closely with the unit`s MDT to ensure that patients receive a holistic and person-centric treatment programme based on the recovery model.
- Providing clinical leadership to the multi-disciplinary team
- Providing on-site medical cover within no less than one hour whilst on call (1 in 4 on call)
The successful candidate will:
- Possess an MBBS qualification or equivalent and will be required to maintain full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Undertake assessments, and work as part of the hospitals multi-disciplinary teams to ensure delivery of high quality care.
- Have the ability to prepare reports and other associated documentation as required.
- Possess a flexible approach to working and respond efficiently to reasonable changes in the demands of the service.
- Having Section 12 approval is an advantage but not essential
If you are interested in this role please email an up to date CV to alternatively if you`d like to hear more about the position call Jon on .
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month."