RMS - Resource Management Solutions are currently recruiting a Buyer on behalf of our client a Global Tier 1 Manufacturer to the automotive industry based in the Cannock area. A permanent position, this is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company who are at the forefront of the automotive, manufacturing industry.
Having proudly worked in partnership with this client for over 5 years, RMS are experienced in enhancing their ability to recruit the very best talent, putting solid foundations in place which underpin the further development of their business.
Contracted to 39 hours per week, notable Benefits for this position include:
- 33 days holidays inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Complimentary On Site parking
- Early Friday finish
Reporting directly to the Buyer you will work as an integral part of the Buying team holding responsibility for support the co-ordination and procurement activity of Materials within the purchasing team, identifying and realising all cost reduction ideas and opportunities by means of pooling of requirements, interrogating costs and alternative materials and suppliers.
Day to Day duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring materials are purchased at the most cost effective price and most cost effective way
- Maintain conformance to TS 16949 working procedures
- Working together with operations team on a daily basis ensuring competitive quotations are obtained and supplier selection made considering total business cost
- Maintenance and development of the approved supplier's list
- Support project teams where new projects are being introduced ensuring spares are secured at the lowest total cost and are in line with project timing
- Monitoring of cost throughout projects identifying and tracking cost drivers
- Cost down projects for all company sites including working in cross functional teams
- Ensure compliance to company Purchasing Guidelines and systems
To be considered this position you must have:
- A minimum of 3 years Buying / Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- A good understanding of Supplier Quotations (How to evaluate supplier Quotations - cost breakdowns)
- A CIPS qualification or be studying towards membership of the CIPS or equivalent qualification
- To be prepared to travel within the UK and Internationally
- Contractual negotiation skills and experience/understanding
- Confident MS Office skills including SAP, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
RMS is an equal opportunities employer and recruits and promotes employees on the basis of suitability for the job.
If you are not contacted within 7 days of the closing date then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file for any suitable vacancies that may arise in the future unless you contact us and request otherwise.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75163554