Assistant Financial Accountant
Assistant Financial Accountant role for rapidly growing and evolving Public Sector Organisation.
My client is a large Public Sector organisation based in Birmingham looking for a highly skilled individual to join a growing and changing team.
The role will involve assisting with the the production of year end statutory accounts completed accurately and to the deadline. VAT returns must be prepared and all HMRC, Government statutory and national statistical returns are submitted by stipulated deadlines, by assisting the financial accountant. The fixed asset register must be maintained and managed, and depreciation and grant write back transactions must be timely and accurately calculated. Monthly journals must be posted and control accounts must be reconciled.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be part qualified (ideally a finalist) or have equivalent experience - essential
- Must have excellent communication and team work skills - essential
- Be able to demonstrate meeting strict targets and tight deadlines - essential
- Be able to analyse and assimilate data rapidly - essential
- Knowledge of VAT preparations and returns - essential
- Knowledge of producing period and final accounts - essential
- Have outstanding IT skills - essential
The role is offering a generous salary of £30,000 - £34,000 to a skilled candidate + totally flexible hours + free Midlands travel pass + highly discounted city centre parking + a highly supportive working environment