1 year contract - Executive Assistant
1 year contract, Executive Assistant, Derby, £25000
Your new company
My client a leading manufacturing organisation in Derby is looking for a proven Executive Assistant to join their business on a 1 year contract.
To provide support to the CEO in their daily work, by undertaking a number of analytical, research, administrative, presentational and operational tasks. Along with support and diary management to four other Executive Directors within Derby, the role also entails working closely alongside other key personnel within the wider business.
Your new role
Duties will include:
- To shadow the CEO and other executive directors to provide immediate responses, key assignments, and support
- To maintain and provide a support service for daily schedules, including forward planning of workloads, diary management and co-ordinating and collating all relevant paperwork
- To undertake analysis and problem-solving assignments when required and ensuring the smooth flow of information around departments, including action monitoring to achieve deadlines and project milestones
- To produce confidential reports and presentations, including Board papers and to analyse industry reports and publications and provide executive summaries
- To set up key meetings- nationally and internationally- and follow up actions on behalf of the CEO and other Directors
- To provide travel assistance including flights and hotel booking, across multiples time zones, at a senior level, for busy, changeable diaries
- To produce and proofread correspondence, documents, packs and presentations when required and monitor emails and respond as appropriate on behalf of the Executive team
- To ensure appropriate systems and processes are developed and maintained to support effective and efficient day to day running of the CEO's office
- Monitoring and processing of capital expenditure requests across the wider business and processing and logging of purchase order requests for the Derby Shared Services team
- To plan and implement hospitality arrangements for the Directors, including provision of hospitality for visitors to the Derby site
- Adhoc administrative responsibilities including filing, maintenance of company records, ordering of stationery supplies and implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven organisational skills working with complex diaries at a senior level
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines with excellent time management and instinct for prioritisation
- Able to work on own initiative and to have a solutions-orientated approach, thinking out of the box on problem-solving without instruction
- Positive attitude with a willingness to provide the highest levels of internal and external client service
- Trustworthy and confidential
- Adaptable to ambiguity, different environments, expectations and personalities and constant change
- Highly effective communicator and active listener with ability to tailor style to suit audience. Ability to frame and articulate ideas well
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under extreme pressure, whilst remaining calm and composed
- Experience in working at senior level in a professional, fast-paced environment (preferably corporate)
- Typing speed of at least 60 wpm
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other IT packages is essential
- Degree level and/or secretarial qualification preferred
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with 1 year contract working for a superb credible and highly successful manufacturing business in Derby with a potential opportunity of the role going permanent.
Hours of work are 8am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am - 1pm Friday.
You will be rewarded with an excellent benefits package upon completion of probation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.