Property Operations Manager
At Benthall Hall we have a fantastic team who are busy exceeding their targets, achieving great visitor satisfaction scores and seeing great results in all our commercial areas. To continue with our success and to build on the achievements already made, we need an inspirational leader who can bring new ideas and challenges to this beautiful property and dynamic team.
In this role you'll work Saturday to Wednesday during the open season. Then, Monday to Friday during the closed season.
What it's like to work here
Benthall Hall is a 16th-century English country house situated on a plateau above the gorge of the River Severn, close to the town of Broseley and a few miles from the historic Ironbridge Gorge. The current house was built as a family home in 1535 but there have been Benthalls living on this site since the medieval period. Join our small friendly team and help to make Benthall Hall a thriving place for years to come.
What you'll be doing
As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day effective management of Benthall Hall, working closely with property/operational teams and dealing with contractors. Leading the staff and volunteer team, you will provide an engaging and inspiring visitor experience, maintain excellent standards of conservation and help us to do more in the future by running our commercial operations.
With a keen eye for detail and a passion to generate revenue for investment in conservation, we will be looking for you to inspire every department to deliver exceptional customer service, drive financial results and exceed visitor expectations.
Who we're looking for
To excel in this role you’ll need:
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant field, or have operational experience in historic properties
- An enthusiastic, results focused approach with keen attention to detail
- An understanding of collection care and conservation in historic properties
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
And it would also be beneficial if you can showcase the following experience:
- Managing operational risk, including how to assess and manage risk effectively
- Managing budgets to maximise sales, income and control costs
- Working in a historic environment
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking