Sales & Business Development Manager
We are looking for a Sales & Business Development Manager to join our Birmingham Hire & Service Centre team in Smethwick. If you have strong B2B sales experience selling in to a range of industries, this could be the job for you.
As a Sales/Business Development Manager you will develop and promote the Company’s hire business, to include our full range of products and services to prospective customers in our West Midlands Region. This role is target driven and the key focus is on order winning activity.
To be successful in the role you will enjoy establishing new business opportunities while offering a consultative sales approach.
Portakabin Group is Europe's market-leading modular building innovator, employing more than 1,600 colleagues across seven countries with a turnover of £224m.
Producing some of the most advanced building systems available, Portakabin buildings are available to purchase through a national UK sales network and for hire through 50 local hire centres throughout the UK.
The Group has the capabilities to deliver building solutions for almost any application – from a single classroom to a multi-storey office complex, contractors’ site accommodation and complete hospital facilities.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
- Business to business sales experience (face to face).
- Experience of carrying out a business development campaign/cold calling.
- IT Literate.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Good level of numeracy/literacy.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience Managing Others.
- Technical sales experience.
- Knowledge of SAP system.
- Educated to A-Level standard.
- 5 GCSE’s Grades A-C, including Maths and English or equivalent.
About the Role
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Generate orders by attending Customer sites.
- Achieve hire orders and other KPI targets.
- Prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
- Carry out structured business development, generating fresh initiatives to heighten local awareness and maximise conversion of direct enquiries.
- Effectively use internal systems (e.g SAP and CRM) to ensure customer information is kept up to date.
- Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and/or Company procedure/Policies relating to Health and Safety.
The salary for this position ranges from £27,000 to £32,000 plus discretionary commission scheme for on target performance, dependent on skills and experience.
We offer a wide range of other benefits covering health and wellbeing, discounted cycles and shopping vouchers. Full time employees can also buy up to 5 days holiday to complement the basic entitlement of 24 days (part-time pro-rated).
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.